Pastoral Appointments 2018
Dear Faithful of the Archdiocese,
Based on the recommendations of the Archdiocesan Personnel Committee, and after my own prayerful consideration, I make the following pastoral appointments for 2018. Because a new Archbishop will be named by the end of 2018, these appointments are for a one-year term and will commence on Friday, September 7th, 2018.
- Fr. Ray Earle, currently parish priest of St. Michael's Parish, Bell Island and Holy Rosary Parish, Portugal Cove-St. Phillips, is appointed administrator of Holy Family Parish, Paradise with residence in Paradise.
- Fr. Fred Brown is appointed administrator of Holy Rosary Parish, Portugal Cove-St. Phillips with pastoral care duties at Pleasant view Towers. Fr. Brown will reside in Portugal Cove.
- Fr. Jan Konieczny is appointed administrator of St. Michael's Parish, Bell Island and will reside on Bell Island.
- Fr. James Fleming, currently associate pastor of Sacred Heart Parish, Marystown and St. Patrick's Parish, Burin is appointed administrator of Sacred Heart Parish, St. Bride's and will share pastoral care duties at the Placentia Hospital.
- Fr. Gerry Roche will return to full time chaplaincy at the Health Sciences Centre and the Janeway Hospitals.
- Fr. Tony Bidgood, CSSR, will serve half time as chaplain at the Health Sciences Centre and the Janeway.
- Fr. Ken Walsh will continue on sick leave as he heals from his injuries. We wish Fr. Ken, God’s continued healing presence on this journey.
I thank these priests for accepting these new appointments, and I ask the Holy Spirit to bless their ministries and the ministries of all our priests, lay chaplains and all of the faithful of the Archdiocese, as we strive to be missionary disciples of Jesus Christ.
Sincerely in Christ
+ Martin Currie Archbishop of St. John's
To view or print letter, click on the link below: