Antiquities and Vestments
The Basilica Museum - Mullock Library is the main repository for antiquities and vestments of the Roman Catholic Archdiocese of St. John's.
Some of the Antiquities and Vestments:
- Sacred vessels from the Basilica Sacristy and various parishes
- Pictures of the bishops and archbishops of St. John's, from the first pastor and Perfect Apostolic James Louis O'Donel in 1784 through to the present Archbishop
- A sculpture, The Infant Jesus by renowned Irish sculptor John Edward Carew
- Archbishop Roche's ermine Cappa Magna, or great cape and other ceremonial vestments
- A massive lare 19th century reproduction oak table with eighteen chairs, in the "Jacobethan" style
- A large collection of books in many languages; the oldest ones dating from the 1500s
Basilica Museum Mullock Library
Summer Hours - Tuesday to Friday
9:00am - Noon
1:00pm - 4:00pm
Closed for lunch 12 Noon - 1:00pm
For off season viewing contact Archives Office.
Archives & Research
200 Military Road
St. John’s, NL A1C 2E8
Tel: (709) 726-3660
Fax: (709) 726-8021
Ms. Emily Gushue
T: (709) 726-3660 | ext. 254
Located on the west side of the Basilica.
The entrance to the main office and reception is in the lane between the Basilica and the original Bishop's residence.