Housekeeper/Cook (Part Time)
Job Description: Housekeeper/Cook (Part Time) - St. Peter’s Parish House
12 hours per week = 9:00 am – 1:00 pm; Monday, Wednesday and Friday
Reporting to Parish Priest or designate, this individual will be responsible for keeping the Parish House and its facilities in a clean and orderly condition though routine cleaning activities. He or she will be tasked with duties such as, but not limited to, making beds, cleaning and stocking restrooms, cleaning floors, vacuuming rugs and dusting. This individual will also be required to prepare meals (when requested) and clean kitchenware, tableware and related utensils as well as the kitchen and dining room areas.
As the Parish House is home for the residing clergy, he must be provided the privacy due an individual in their home and therefore, the Housekeeper/Cook must, at all times, maintain the privacy and confidentiality of the resident.
1. Performs general clean-up of all facilities.
2. Sweeps, mops, polishes, vacuums carpeted areas, performs all cleaning aspects of halls, entrances, restrooms, dining room.
3. Cleans and stocks restroom facilities.
4. Notifies Parish Priest or designate when aware of needed repairs.
5. Advises Parish Office as to needed supplies and equipment.
6. Ensure cleanliness and hygiene are maintained in the various kitchen and dining room areas including refrigerators and storerooms and that food products are rotated to ensure high standards of freshness.
7. Ensure food is stored in appropriate containers, labeled, and rotated to ensure high standards of freshness, minimizing waste and maximizing quality.
8. Carry out other related duties which may be assigned from time to time as directed by the Parish Priest or designate.
The Parish House is maintained to meet the needs of the current resident.
Parish Office Staff
· Successful work experience re tasks required
· Physical ability to carry out tasks required
· Ability to work independently
· Honest and trustworthy
· Ability to work with and maintain high level of confidentiality
· Ability to make decisions
· Ability to multi-task
· Flexible, accountable, tactful and diplomatic
· Positive attitude
· Healthy ego
· Neatness in appearance
· Experience in household cleaning.
· Experience in food preparation.
· Knowledge of all health and safety rules and regulations regarding food storage and preparation.
· Knowledge of Workplace safety rules and regulations.
Anyone interested in applying, please submit your resume to Theresa Whiffen, Human Resources Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org or fax (709) 726 - 3615
Deadline for Application is October 02, 2017