What Parents Can Do
- Talk with your kids about their gifts and abilities, about the importance of their contribution to the church and the world. They should that every Christian, young or old, has a part to play in building up the body of Christ.
- Pray for Vocations as a family, for singles, married couples, priests and religious.
- Avoid disparaging remarks about marriage and the single life. Watch how you speak about bishops, priests, and other religious. Your attitude or respect will help your children be open to God’s call in their lives.
- Build your marriage, growing up in the context of a strong and healthy marriage gives kids vision for every vocation.
- Pray, Pray, Pray. Children will watch and learn by your example as they do in other aspects of their life.
- Keep learning about your faith, read, surf the net and encourage your children to do the same.
- Introduce them to the saints. Tell them about your own devotions.
- Tell them about your past your own faith up bringing.
- Ask them have they ever thought about priesthood or religious life.
- Pray and attend mass together.
- Invite you priest of a religious you know to come for a visit to your home.
- Spend quality time together as a family, foster strong family relationships
200 Military Road
St. John’s, NL A1C 2E8
Tel: (709) 726-3660 Fax: (709) 726-3688
Fr. Ray Earle
Tel: (709) 754-1195
Fr. Jeff Kolonel
Tel: (709) 745-8183